Brenneke USA Tactical Home Defense Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4″ Reduced Recoil 1 oz Lead Slug Box of 5
Brenneke slug ammunition is produced with high quality materials and as undergoes strict quality control to ensure their customers receive ammunition in excellent condition.
Tactical Home Defense (THD) slugs feature Brenneke’s patented B.E.T. wad, which stands for Better Energy Transfer. Because of its reduced recoil, the THD slugs are great for training and recoil sensitive shooters. Used by law enforcement as a training round, THD slugs can be used in a variety of applications; home defense, target shooting, deer hunting and pest control, just to name a few. It’s accurate just over 50 yards and 5-shot groups are usually under 1-1/2″.
In order to have a safe shoot, Brenneke recommends the following Safety Tips:
- Only use Brenneke slugs in modern shotguns known to be in good condition.
- Make sure you use the proper length cartridge (2 3/4 inch or 3 inch) your gun is designed for.
- Make certain you know if you are shooting a rifled or smoothbore barrel, and using the proper slug. Check with the gun’s manufacturer if necessary.
- When using a screw-in choke, make sure it is tightened securely. Brenneke recommends chokes no tighter than cylinder bore or improved cylinder when shooting their slugs.
- Maximum range of a slug is up to 2000 yards! Be certain of what’s behind your target.
|Shot or Slug Type||Lead Slug|
|Muzzle Velocity||1378 Feet Per Second|
|Muzzle Energy||1854 Foot Pounds|
|Barrel Type||Rifled or Smooth Bore|
|Slug Weight||1 Ounce|